NHS England have issued guidance to GP practices about the use of online appointments in relation to the current coronavirus outbreak. They have advised GP practices to remove the ability to make online bookings for face to face GP appointments. This is to ensure that patients can have their issues safely discussed on the phone before deciding whether they need to come in and only when it is safe to do so. We have also restricted the use of our automated telephone appointment booking service for the same reasons.
Did you know that you don’t have to wait on the phone to speak to your GP surgery? Just like online banking, you can book appointments, look at your GP records and request repeat prescriptions on a computer, a tablet or a smartphone, using a website or an app.
You can choose to:
- Book and cancel appointments with your surgery online, when it suits you. All of our pre-bookable appointments (up to 4 weeks in advance) are available to book online*
- Order repeat prescriptions online. Some patients have found that they save money and time as they don’t need to make a special trip to their surgery to order repeat prescriptions.
- Look at part of your GP records online. You can look at your records whenever you want, even from the comfort of your home, and find answers to questions you may have without ringing your doctor.**
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms and get instant advice
- request a repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book and cancel appointments, see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments
- securely access your GP medical record**
- choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
To sign up for your NHS login you will need
- Your NHS number+ or name
- date of birth
- A mobile phone and number
+ If you do not know your NHS number, please click here. Using your NHS number will give you the best chance of matching to your NHS record.
Access to all features available on the NHS app can be accessed via your NHS Login without needing to attending the surgery.
Connect to your GP services online with Patient Access, and save time for the important things in your life.
Patient Access connects you to healthcare services when you need them most.
Book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, explore your local pharmacy services. View your medical record**, including test results, immunisations and allergies, Securely share your medical record with healthcare professionals of your choosing, without the need to contact your practice and message your GP directly from within Patient Access at home or on the move.
To access all features of Patient Access you will need to attend the surgery with photo ID.
* Subject to availability
** Access to medical records and results will need to be requested and approved