You’ll usually be contacted when your child is due for a routine vaccination or check. This could be by a letter, text or phone call.
Baby clinic and postnatal checks
- 8 Week Check and 1st immunisations: every baby has a health check from one of our experienced baby clinic GPs. Usually Dr Sarika Shah or Dr Farhana Dudhia. In addition mums are given a postnatal check. This is done at eight weeks, usually on the same day as your baby’s 1st immunisations.
- Childhood immunisations: we only insist on the first immunisations being given during the baby clinic, the following immunisations can be given during the nurses’ regular sessions. For more information of the NHS vaccination schedule click here.
It’s important that immunisations are given on time for the best protection, but if your child missed a vaccine, book an appointment with one of our Nursing Team to catch up.
Your baby/child can still have their immunisations if:
- they have a minor illness without a high temperature – such as a cold
- they have allergies, asthma, eczema or food intolerances
- they were born prematurely
You can book a telephone consultation with one of the nurses if you would like to discuss this further before coming for your appointment.
Health Visiting Team
The heath visiting team can be accessed at walk-in centres throughout Harrow, click here for an up-to-date list of the centres and drop in times.
They off a walk in weighing service and advice
The recommended times for routine weight check for your baby are:
- First Week (usually done by the community Midwife)
- 6-8 weeks
- 12 weeks
- 16 Weeks
- 1 year
- 2 year
If you have any concerns about your baby’s weight please discuss this with your Health visitor